Friday, February 18

Patsy's Blackberry Cobbler

This is not my photo. Good food pictures don't happen in this house. 
Nope, this cobbler pic belongs to this woman.
I don't know who Patsy is, but Patsy has stolen our hearts, as well as our sugar lovin' taste buds.  She created a recipe for blackberry cobbler that is like medicine for those of us southerners living up north. 

Over Christmas, my mother in law gave me the new Pioneer Woman's Cookbook.  And like her website, I love, love, love this book.  I read it like one of those easy novels you plow through on a vacation.  It's a cookbook, yes, but it's so much more.  And the recipes just happen to be amazing... and full of butter... or red meat... or bacon grease... just depends on the meal.  I've been working my way through a few of them, consequently adding to our waistlines while I'm at it.  (The calories don't compute well for those of us living in a 675 sq foot apartment.  Pioneer Woman has a serious advantage on that big ranch of hers.)

So, Patsy's Blackberry Cobbler.  This is, hands down, my favorite recipe for the month.  My husband lit up the first time he popped a bite in his mouth.  So then I made it again, and then again.  And then we collapsed from a sugar high.  We're taking a break and working through withdrawals.  What I love about this recipe is that you can mix up the filling... blueberries, mixed berries, peaches, etc.  So the recipe never gets old.  The other thing I love is that the ingredients and instructions are simple and straightfoward.  To add to that, it's pretty impossible to mess this thing up.  If you did, you could just sprinkle some more sugar on top and all would be well. 

You can find this recipe at The Pioneer Woman.  I would post it, but she does a much better job of it.  She gives step by step instructions with pictures and that commentary that I just can't get enough of.  Plus, it's her recipe, not mine.  And I love her and don't want to ruin our friendship. 

And I also love this recipe... in case I didn't make that clear.

Have a great cobbler eatin' weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Yum, Diane! I want to make this asap! Thanks for posting -- I love the Pioneer Woman too -- so snarky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made it twice already! This is the best cookbook!

    ReplyDelete