Thursday, September 1

Sleep Issues

We're having sleep issues over here lately.

So let's go check on Bella and see if she's still napping... like she should be.

Uh oh...

Peek a boo!  I see you awake and standing and not sleeping and ready to make some trouble.  I see you smiling at me.  Don't you want to sleep one more wink?  Don't you want to give Mom one afternoon of sanity?

No?  Really?

I mean, look at this drama queen!  She has already mastered the one tear on the cheek look.  But that snot on her face is not working in her favor.

Oh I'm sorry, you're stuck on that hair?  That's untouched.  Like I said, we're having sleep issues lately, and this "up do" is a product of lots of tossing and turning.

It's the kind of week where you wish you could look forward to the weekend.  But these sleep issues don't discriminate between Thursdays and Saturdays.

Hanging in there...

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the weekend. One of the many mental blows of motherhood. No book forewarned me that there are no weekends, Labor Days, etc. Good news is we can bargain w/ our oldest to keep the troops upstairs on Seth's day off. In four years you can do the same too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you know this, but want to remind you anyway, this too shall pass. On a practical note, I wonder if Bella is eating enough to keep her full enough to stay asleep. I remember as we transitioned my daughter from breast milk to solid food, that we went through a period where her sleeping seemed to regress to an earlier stage. Just a thought. Blessings, Cheryl Buford

    ReplyDelete